Sunday, November 1, 2009

I'm really a shy girl: Sherlyn Chopra

I'm really a shy girl: Sherlyn Chopra

Aap mujhse sirf Hindi mein baat karna, mein andar reh ke English bhool gayo hoon," quips Sherlyn Chopra just hours after coming out of the Bigg Boss house.

Ask her why she thinks she was evicted and pat comes the reply, “The biggest reason for me being voted out is that I became friends with Kamal Khan and continued it for two weeks.” Does she regret it then? “Of course! I feel bad when I think why I did what I did. Maybe I had created such an image that forced people to nominate me.” But she’s emphatic that the housemates judged her too soon. “I was stunned when my name (for the eviction) was announced. Earlier, the housemates would say that I don’t interact with them much, but when I tried to change myself, they said I was being fake.”

So who does she think is the meanest person in the house? “During the first two weeks, I was the one b****ing the most. But later…I guess Vindu couldn’t understand me properly. I considered him to be my brother and he turned against me. Jab mein ghar se nikal rahi thi, toh bhi unhone mujhe kuch neech baatein kahi.”

And how does she respond to people who think her coy demeanour inside the house was a jarring change from her otherwise outrageous image. “I know I project myself as really outrageous. But I’m a really shy girl. Even the performance I did (when she stripped on the show) was in complete jest. I even said that I intended to do a sensual act, but ended up doing comedy. Mujhe nahi lagta jo maine kiya ashleel tha.”

Did she feel marginalised in Dil Bole Hadippa? “Don’t judge me on the basis of that role, there wasn’t any substance in that role. I want to play roles that establish me as an excellent actress or an artist,” she concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List