Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Vindoo on top of the world

Vindoo on top of the world


He was the last man standing in Bigg Boss Season 3 and though he has bagged Rs1 crore and a car, success hasn't sunk in yet for Vindoo Dara Singh. The actor admits that it is because of Akshay Kumar that he went inside the house which has changed his life altogether. "I remember I met Akshay abroad in a hotel during the shooting of Khatron Ke Khiladi. I just told him that they were planning the third season of Bigg Boss and I always wanted to be there. He treats me like a brother and told me that he will put in a word. I credit my success to him. Without Akshay, I would not have been in the house," he says.

With congratulatory messages still pouring in from viewers and his friends like Akshay, Suniel Shetty and Sajid Khan, he is basking in the success that has eluded him for a long time. "I know I was always known as Dara Singh's son and I never became an actor with immense popularity. But I was happy with my share of earnings and I was never out of work. Moreover, Bigg Boss wasn't like I did something extraordinary; I just went in and was being myself. This is the best thing that has happened to me till now and I am just hoping that the win brings me good work," he adds.

The actor is already flooded with offers from South Indian films and TV shows. "Tanaaz, Bakhtiyaar or Pravesh can bark but I know that the country loves me and would like to see me in shows. Sajid (Khan) told me that now people will write characters for me. It's overwhelming."

Out of his inmates, he is firm on being friends with Poonam Dhillon, Ismail Darbar, Raju Shrivastava. "I would be only calling them. Others can call me and I will have no grudges while answering them like a friend but I am not going to be calling

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List